Will my cell phone work in the UK?
Yes, it will! Check with your phone company in the US first, to make sure. Or click on this link for more information: http://www.howtocallabroad.com/forums/topic/us-cell- phones-in- UK
In certain parts of North York Moors and Yorkshire Dales National Parks, there will be no mobile signal and limited 4G!
In the centre of York, you can get free Wi Fi
Can I use my credit card in the UK?
Is there insurance protection and breakdown coverage during my day trip with you?
Yes, I have all the necessary licenses for Private Hire and I am fully insured by “cover my cab”, and there is breakdown cover as well. These are all necessary to be on the Blue Badge Drivers Guide website and membership. I also have Public Liability Insurance through the Guild of British Tour Guides. I also hold a First Aid (outdoors) certificate that I maintain every 3 years.
Will there be any food/drinks stops?
Yes! I know where all the most convenient places are. I know where all the toilets are, either public or inside shops and hotels. I also carry bottles of water, tissues, boiled sweets and an umbrella in the door pockets.
Will there be vegan/vegetarian food options in Yorkshire?
Yes! Most restaurants and cafes will have signs saying they cater for gluten free/vegan/vegetarian. In the centre of York you will be able to eat food from anywhere in the world!
I have limited walking abilities...
Don’t worry, I have lots of experience with people of all ages and walking abilities.
For the stories behind the scenery
contact Steve: 07598 137112
Terms and Conditions
accepts your booking as ‘the Client’ under the following terms and conditions.
A 20% deposit is required at booking confirmation. The remaining 80% is to be paid within eight weeks of the tour start date the entire amount is payable.
Confirmation of Booking
Once your deposit has cleared a confirmation email will be issued.
Payment can be made by direct transfer (BACS) to the Yorkshire in Style account as follows:
In the case of international payments, the Client will ensure that the full GBP Sterling amount is received by the Company after all bank charges or fees have been levied.
We can accept payment by credit card through PayPal. In this case, a processing fee will be levied as follows:
Once a booking is fully confirmed, any client amendments to an itinerary will incur a fee of £30 per amendment at our discretion.
Cancellations and Refunds
We reserve the right to cancel any tour at our discretion, including the cancellation of a group tour with insufficient bookings. In such cases, the limit of our liability to the Client is the return of any monies paid.
Whilst we shall do everything reasonably possible to provide the tour itinerary as planned, we reserve the right to alter itineraries, transport or accommodation for whatever reason.
Where The Client cancels the tour reservation, then the effective date of cancellation will be the date we receive written notification. The cancellation charge to the Client is listed below.
We are unable to refund unused tours, attraction tickets and attraction passes unless the relevant attraction/ tour is withdrawn or closed for reasons beyond our control in which case a full refund will be made. For multi-attraction passes, we are unable to refund passes if individual attractions are closed.
Events beyond our control
We do not accept any liability whatsoever for injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by any event which are beyond its control including, but not limited to, weather, war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accident to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial.
We will not accept or have any liability for any acts or omissions whether negligent or otherwise of any supplier or person providing services in connection with any tour unless such a person is employed by or under the direct control of Yorkshire in Style.
The Company strongly recommend that you arrange suitable travel, medical and cancellation insurance.
We strive to maintain an excellent level of service for our Clients, however, if there are problems during the tour it is the responsibility of the Client to notify us as soon as possible. We will always endeavour to resolve such issues immediately and ensure continued enjoyment of the Client’s vacation. Should the Client have cause to complain after the vacation, it must be done so in writing (via email or traditional mail) no later than 28 days after the end of the vacation.
These conditions shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and the Parties each submit to the jurisdiction of the relevant Courts.